Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In these roles you will be responsible for planning and implementing programs and events which provide socialization opportunities, fitness and wellness activities, educational and recreational programs, as well as spiritual life support based on the needs and preferences of the residents at the community. This position is for our Skilled Nursing Level of Care.
- Plan, develop, and implement resident lifestyle programming within the community as well as through outside trips and events.
- Survey and interview residents to determine their past and present interests and talents, as well as their satisfaction with the communitys programs and activities.
- Recognize the individuality, diversity, and spirituality of all residents when planning activities and celebrating holiday functions.
- Develop individualized care plans for each resident and be a part of the interdisciplinary team care conferences.
- Document and file resident participation.
- Develop relationships with residents to encourage their participation in activities that enhance their quality of and appreciation for life.
- Observe residents function and behavior and reports significant changes or concerns to appropriate staff.
- Utilize outside community resources and independent contractors to enrich the variety of programs made available to residents.
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Keep up to date with the Colorado Department of Health and Environment Regulations.
- Assist with developing and managing the annual department budget.
- Reports directly to Director of Resident Programs.
- Assist with managing Resident Program Assistants as needed in the absence of the Director of Resident Programs.
- Must be an activity professional certified by the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals as an Activity Director Certified (ADC) or Activity Consultant Certified (ACC), OR
- Are registered by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist having at least one year of experience in providing activity programming in a nursing care facility.
- You are able to professionally communicate and listen to residents, guests, and coworkers.
- Perform work tasks in a manner that preserves each residents dignity, privacy and confidentiality.
- You are an enthusiastic person and enjoy building relationships with the residents and co-workers that you work with and for.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Colorado Springs, CO 80921: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- planning or activities: 1 year (Preferred)
- Long term care: 1 year (Preferred)